Saturday, February 19, 2011

Buffett Buying Brasil Foods? Or Is Something Lost in Translation?

Geoff Gannon submits:

There are reports today that Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) is buying shares in Brasil Foods (BRFS). These reports are very possibly true. But still weird. I am seeing something in the U.S. reports that I?m not seeing in the Portuguese report I could find. However, I can?t read Portuguese. So I assume reporters at places like Bloomberg understand the Portuguese report better than I do.

U.S. sources all seem to be talking about a report in a Brazilian paper. When I check that paper?s website this is the only report I see.

In the original Portuguese:

O megainvestidor Warren Buffett chegou ao Brasil. Executivos da BRF -Brasil Foods contaram a investidores, durante reuni�o promovida pelo BTG Pactual, que gestores da Berkshire Hathaway, empresa de investimentos do bilion�rio americano, visitaram o pa�s e estiveram em unidades da empresa. Depois de conhecerem a companhia, formada pela uni�o de Sadia e Perdig�o,


Complete Story »

Molly Sims Monika Kramlik Lacey Chabert Amber Brkich Gretha Cavazzoni

No comments:

Post a Comment