Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jurassic Park: The First Telltale Game to Feature Action, Dinosaurs, and Death

Jurassic Park, even in its first few moments, already feels unlike most Telltale games. It's still fundamentally a story driven adventure where you guide characters around and alternate between puzzles and dialogue, but there're a lot of curveballs for Telltale fans. From what I play, I don't actually move a character around directly to go examine stuff and solve puzzles; instead, I move the camera around with the right analog stick and hit buttons that pop up in very specific spots. That is, when I look around the area, a big and obvious A button floats over the head of a triceratops, an equally obvious Right Bumper floats over the nearby plant said triceratops is munching on, and a big blue X pops up when I look over the triceratops' rear end.

A few minutes later, another significant change in the Telltale formula shows up: a quick-time event. Whether I'm hurriedly trying to hotwire a Jeep or get away from a rampaging Tyrannosaurus rex, I have to either rapidly tap a face button or quickly move an analog stick around. These action sequences also lead right into the biggest change that Jurassic Park brings to a Telltale game: you can die.

Kim Smith Hilary Duff Lake Bell Amerie Rachel Bilson

No comments:

Post a Comment