Monday, May 30, 2011

As Expected, The Rare Earth Stock Bubble Implodes

Rougemont submits:
About 6 weeks ago, I wrote about the overvaluation in the rare earth stocks in this article. Many disagreed with the prediction that this sector was at or near a top, when I wrote about these stocks. I received a number of nasty comments, probably from long investors losing money on these stocks. Some were upset that I included PE ratio info, but that is something I do for most stocks. I included China Shen Zhou Mining & Resources (SHZ) in the articles because it rode the rare earth bubble higher, it was clearly overvalued, and fell with all of these stocks as well. Some misdirected people implied I was putting SHZ in direct comparison to companies like Molycorp (MCP), which is clearly not the case.
The whole sector has now imploded, and the charts for these stocks are a mess. I continue to believe that this is a high

Complete Story »

Mandy Moore Shannon Elizabeth Maggie Gyllenhaal Foxy Brown Ivana Bozilovic

No comments:

Post a Comment